Monday, November 15, 2010

Some cool Reference images:

Ready Reference Collection

Reference


Image by herzogbr

The Ready Reference collection behind the Reference Desk at my library - read more.

Reference file at MIT

Reference


Image by Erik Mallinson

This is my reference file at work. It's starting to be a really good resource for my job. I'm almost done re-filing all of the files from my predecessor. I file alphabetically and in reverse chronological order eg- BMES 2007 then BMES 2006.

I have a separate fil e drawer for supplies, where I file blank forms, handouts, etc. I make the distinction because they are not reference materials.

I have to use lateral hanging files for student records. I've been working on reducing the use of hanging files and using regular file folders inside of them, as recommended in Getting Things Done. So far I've reduced the required space for Minor student paperwork by 50% just by using this method.

Next I'm going to reverse the right-tab folders and relabel them so that they are all left faaccing. I started doing that at home and it's very cool.

Toronto Reference Library

Reference


Image by Sabby3000

study day at TRL. who says studying is boring when u've got this to look at everytime u get ur head out of the books .. : )

Proudly a part of the Canada from Sea to Sea Blog

Copyright © Sabrina Mae Photography. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment