Thursday, February 24, 2011

Q&A: What animals have the most relevant emotions next to humans?



Your Ad Here





Question by Bring me the Olive Garden: What animals have the most relevant emotions next to humans?

By this I'm asking what animals have the closest emotions to grief, happiness, sympathy, love, hate, etc.
I'm not really asking for an opinion, but for supportive reasoning (sources are nice). :)

Since emotions differ from animal to animal, there are only a few with brain functions similar to humans and I need to know which animals are the most relatable to us.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by ali
Dolphins and elephants. Sorry I don't have any sources, but I know that dolphins have big brains and that they do feel very limited emotions, and I know for a fact that elephants can feel grief, however I'm not sure if there are any other emotions they feel. I would also guess that chimpanzees can feel some kind of emotion, because they are our closest relative (only 5 unmatched DNA out of a 20 strand of DNA)





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment