Sunday, January 23, 2011

Should I major in public health/health sciences at a state university or biology at a liberal arts?



Your Ad Here





Question by wearasmile2: Should I major in public health/health sciences at a state university or biology at a liberal arts?

I am interested in studying epidemiology in graduate school and a lot of the schools, especially the state universities that I am interested in has a major in public health/community health/health sciences/statistics. Should I consider a mathematical or health sciences major, or will it make me more well rounded to study biology in a liberal arts college, since biology is more of an "academic major". Any information on epidemiology would be helpful!




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by Karen
Stay away from biology unless you are either willing to work for peanuts the rest of your life, or are planning to be a Dr. or Vet.

All the biologists that work with me make 2/3 or less than what I make.

Do some research on what careers pay well and go that direction. Check with your councilor or your contacts at whatever university/college(s) that you are looking at attending. Remember this because this decision will be permanent, and you will remember me telling you so if you go the wrong direction. Good luck on this journey.





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment